8800 Series Double Hung
- Impact-resistant product for coastal applications.
- Sash profiles are reinforced with aluminum that fits tightly into pocketed vinyl chambers on all sides to provide ultimate impact-resistant performance.
- Frame and sash are high-heat fusion welded at precision mitered corners for improved strength and water-tightness.
- The impact-resistant 1” laminated insulating glass not only offers dependable impact performance, but also provides UV protection and improved thermal performance as well.
- Continuous, integral lift rails provide fingertip ease of operation and are molded into the sash itself to prevent them from becoming loose or breaking away from sash with regular use.
- A weatherstripped meeting rail, with a dual seal from the sash to the frame, creates a positive seal keeping out harsh elements.
- A heavy-duty, constant force corrosion-resistant balance system provides durability and easy, smooth operation.
- Through an innovative tilt latch designed for coastal areas, both top and bottom sash tilt in to allow for easy cleaning inside the home.
- Covered weep holes in the sill control water drainage.
Internal Grid Options
Marine-grade, corrosion-resistant cam locks always remain warm to the touch and are color-matched to the window.Two locks are standard.
A unique, high performance tilt latch is crucial to the Double Hung’s performance. In the locked position, the rugged latch integrates deep within the wall studs and window sash reinforcement.
The sill dam height is 2-11/16″ to further reduce water penetration.
Operable sash move easily on tightly-wound coil springs that will never need adjustment.
|Frame Type||Impact Replacement (no nailing fin or J-channel)|
|Exterior Frame Design||Beveled|
|Insulating Glass Unit||1″ Impact Laminated Insulating Glass|
|Glass Type||Low E / Argon|
|Weatherseals||Finseal and Sill Bulb Barrier|
|Sash Operation||3/4″ Constant Force Coil Spring Balance System|
|Meeting Rail||Interlocking Meeting Rail|
|Screen||Extruded Fiberglass Half|
|Vinyl Colors||Tan or Clay|
|Factory-applied Exterior Colors||Mesa Red, Hunter Green, Earth Tone, Brown, Bronze|
|Woodgrain Interiors||White Oak (tan or Clay exterior only), Light Oak, Dark Oak, Maple, Cherry|
|Screen||Full Fiberglass Extruded, Aluminum Half or Full Screen|
|Glass||Double Low E, Tempered|
|Decorative Glass||Tinted Bronze, Tinted Grey, Obscure|
|Internal Grids: Colonial or Perimeter||White, Tan, Clay, Woodgrains (interior only) or Brass|
|Decorative Hardware||Satin Nickel, Brass, Antique Brass, Bronze|